What's the dream vacation with your little one & family you might ask?
There's a lot we can list, Universal Studios features a mix of rides, shows, and attractions based on popular movies and TV shows. Or how about Legoland: with parks in California, Florida, and several other locations around the world, Legoland offers a variety of rides, shows, and interactive attractions based on the popular building toys.
But we can't leave out Disney World with all of it's magic & historic animations that create magical & lasting memories for our children!
If you're planning a trip to Disney World, you're in for a treat! Located in Florida, Disney World is a magical place where you can explore a variety of themed lands, enjoy thrilling rides, and meet your favorite characters. Here's what you need to know about planning a vacation to Disney World, including the Magic Kingdom, one of the most popular destinations within the resort.
The Magic Kingdom is the heart of Disney World, featuring classic attractions like Cinderella Castle, Space Mountain, and Pirates of the Caribbean. It's also home to several live shows, parades, and fireworks displays. Here are the 8 Best Shows at Disney World:
- Happily Ever After Fireworks: This dazzling display takes place every night in the Magic Kingdom, and features a mix of music, special effects, and pyrotechnics. The show is inspired by classic Disney stories, and is a must-see for any Disney World visitor.
- Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire: This lively stage show features Mickey Mouse and his friends, as they welcome characters from Frozen, The Princess and the Frog, and other Disney movies. You'll enjoy catchy songs, dazzling costumes, and lots of audience participation.
- Festival of Fantasy Parade: This daily parade takes place in the Magic Kingdom, and features floats inspired by popular Disney movies and characters. You'll see beloved characters like Mickey Mouse, Cinderella, and Ariel, as well as spectacular floats and performers.
- Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage: This stage show is a must-see for fans of the classic Disney movie. It features beloved characters like Belle, the Beast, and Gaston, as well as catchy songs and impressive stage effects.
- The Enchanted Tiki Room: This classic attraction, located in Adventureland, features a singing and dancing show featuring a cast of animatronic birds and other animals. It's a fun and whimsical way to escape the heat and enjoy a bit of Disney magic.
- A Pirate's Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas: This interactive show takes place in Adventureland, and lets you join in the fun as you search for hidden treasure with the help of a map and special effects.
- The Hall of Presidents: Located in Liberty Square, this show features animatronic figures of all the U.S. presidents, as they share stories and insights about the history of the country. It's a great way to learn more about American history while enjoying some Disney magic.
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: This classic attraction, located in Fantasyland, takes you on a ride through the stories of Winnie the Pooh and his friends. It's a gentle and charming way to enjoy some classic Disney storytelling.
While a trip to Disney World can be an incredible experience, it's important to be mindful of ways to ruin your vacation. Here are 12 ways to ruin a trip to Disney World:
- Over planning your schedule: While it's important to have an idea of what you want to do, try not to fill every minute of your trip with activities. Leave some room for spontaneous fun and relaxation.
- Not taking breaks: Disney World can be physically demanding, with lots of walking and standing in line. Make sure to take breaks throughout the day to rest and recharge.
- Not staying on-site: While it's possible to stay off-site and still enjoy Disney World, staying at a Disney World resort has many benefits, including early access to FastPass+ reservations and the ability to take advantage of Extra Magic Hours.
- Ignoring the weather: Florida can be hot and humid, especially in the summer months. Make sure to pack appropriate clothing and sunscreen, and stay hydrated throughout the day.
- Not budgeting for souvenirs: Disney World can be expensive, and it's easy to overspend on souvenirs. Set a budget beforehand and stick to it to avoid financial stress on your vacation.
- Not planning for transportation: Disney World is a large resort, and getting around can be a challenge if you don't have a plan. Make sure to consider transportation options such as the Disney World bus system, the monorail, or a rental car.
- Not using FastPass+: FastPass+ allows you to reserve access to popular attractions and save time in line. Make sure to take advantage of this service to maximize your enjoyment of the park.
- Not researching dining options: Disney World has a wide variety of dining options, from quick-service meals to sit-down restaurants. Do some research beforehand to find the best options for your budget and preferences.
- Not considering the crowds: Disney World can be extremely crowded, especially during peak season. Consider visiting during off-peak times to avoid long lines and crowds.
- Not respecting park rules: Disney World has strict rules in place to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all guests. Make sure to follow these rules, including not bringing outside food or beverages into the park and not cutting in line.
- Not planning for emergencies: It's important to be prepared for any potential emergencies that may arise on your trip. Make sure to have a plan in place in case of illness, injury, or other unexpected events.
- Not communicating with your travel companions: Make sure to communicate with your travel companions beforehand to set expectations and make sure everyone is on the same page.
I hope this blog on Disney World Vacation and the Magic Kingdom was helpful! Remember to plan ahead, respect the park rules and employees, and take breaks to make the most of your trip.